January 29, 2020
To all international students of Mie University
Center for Physical and Mental Health
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS, designated as 2019-nCoV, emerged in WUHAN, CHINA at the end of 2019. Many cases have already been diagnosed in many countries including Japan. As infection may spread more, you should obtain the latest information, and please try for the infection prevention.
For reducing your risk of coronavirus, WHO recommends that:
(1) Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
(2) Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow.
(3) Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
(4) Thoroughly cool meat and eggs.
(5) No unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals.
As of January 29, according to the infectious disease danger information from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the whole Hubei, CHINA is level 3: Please stop the travel (travel cancellation advice). The CHINA area except Hubei is level 1: Please be careful enough.
The foreign students who suspected infection with corona virus, please fill out the health check sheet for 2019-nCoV and email to International Relations Office. To get the check sheet, please access to:
If you have any question about your condition, please contact with Tsu Public Health center (059-223-5184) or Center for Physical and Mental Health Mie University (059-231-9068).