Self-Financed Research Student

Research students will conduct research under the guidance of their academic advisors at Mie University.

You need acceptance by the advisor in Mie University before you apply. (Except Faculty of Humanities, Law and Economics or Graduate School of Humanities, and Social Sciences)

We have several faculties and graduate schools in Mie University, for more information, please go to each website at the bottom.

Application for Self-financed Research Students, 2018 (Updated on September 5th, 2017)

If you want to enroll as a research student in Mie University from April, 2018 or October, 2018, please read the guide very carefully.

Name of the fileFile formatNotice
Application Guide for Self-financed Research Students, 2018 PDF Please be sure to read this.
Application Form(Form1-2,1-2,1-3) EXCEL PDF Please be sure to fill all forms from 1-1 to 1-3.
Research Plan (Form2) EXCEL PDF

①If you want to be research student of education, you need to write this form by your own hand.

②For other faculties or graduate schools, you may choose any. By hand writing, or using documentation software.

③When you cannot occupy in a one sheet, please attach another sheet.

④Please be sure to match your research thesis.

Financial Certificate (Form3) PDF

①Write down the amount which is written in Certificate of bank account balance.

②In the case of an overseas account, you must convert into JPY.

③Please attach Certificate of bank account balance, which was published within the last three months.

④In case we judged that your savings amount is not enough, we will ask you to attach additional document which explains that you can live without a problem of the money after entrance.

Statement of Financial Support(Form4) PDF When the name of the bank balance certificate is not yours.
Letter of Acceptance(Form5) PDF

In case you want to enroll The Faculty of Humanities, Law and Economics or The Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, you don't need to submit this form.

Academic Advisor Assessment of Self-financed Students (Research Student)(Form6) WORD PDF

①In case you want to enroll The Faculty of Education or The Graduate School of Education, you need to ask your expected advisor to fill this form.

②No need for other faculties or graduate schools.

Inquiry about research student

International Relations Office, Mie University